Nominations are now open for the 2019 University of Canterbury Blues Awards.
We would like to invite all staff to circulate the following information within their departments, and nominate anyone who they deem fit to receive a Blues Award in the Sport, Community Engagement and Arts categories.
Receiving an award at our Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present to students who have excelled in these areas.
Individual Blues Awards will be presented for each discipline. Winners will then be eligible for the following major awards:
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Outstanding Contribution to University Sport
- Team of the Year
- Coach of the Year
- Official of the Year
- Outstanding Achievement in the Arts
- Outstanding Contribution to University Arts
- Outstanding Achievement in Community Engagement
- Waewae Kai Pakiaka: Outstanding Contribution to the Māori Community
- Outstanding Contribution to Equity and Diversity
- Outstanding Contribution to Sustainability.
We have also introduced a limited number of University of Canterbury Sport Recognition and Art Recognition awards. These awards recognise students those who have performed exceptionally, however are not eligible for a University Blue as an individual. For example coaches, managers, directors, producers, administrators, and executives.
- Nominations must be made via the forms on the USCA website, with all sections completed.
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of the nominations date.
- Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues Committee.
- Nominees must have reached the required level of achievement between 19 August 2018 and 12 August 2019.
Nominations for the Blues Awards close 10am, Monday 12 August.
The Blues Awards will be held at Haere-roa on Saturday 28 September.