Come and meet the suppliers who make our Fair Trade University possible!
As part of Fairtrade Fortnight (Aotearoa’s biggest fair trade campaign) the UC Sustainability Community is holding a Fair Trade Fair on Wednesday 14 August, so you can meet our campus fair trade suppliers (and most importantly, try their yummy fairly traded treats!).
What can you expect?
- Common Good Coffee Roasters providing free fair trade filter coffee to sip on while you chat, and a chance to WIN a bag of their coffee beans to take home
- Karma Cola will be there handing out tasters of their delicious, fair trade, feel good fizz
- We’ll be cranking the smoothie bike thanks to fair trade banana company, All Good Organics (plus your chance to win a box of bananas!)
- Trade Aid will have your chocolate cravings covered, with a chance to try their whole fair trade, organic chocolate range
- The Native Loom will be showing off their ethically made, organic produce bags and textiles
- And Office Max will be there teaming up with Robert Harris to bring you some fair trade cold brew coffee samples, as well as surprising you with their huge range of fair trade goodies available to order through Unimarket.
What: Fair Trade Fair
When: Wednesday 14 August, 11am – 1pm
What to bring: a cup for your coffee and/or banana smoothie!
See you there!
This message was brought to you by the UC Sustainability Office. Stay connected and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop about campus sustainability. This is part of our contribution to Fairtrade Fortnight, where we encourage our UC community to get involved and support the empowerment of producers overseas. For more information on the fair trade movement, see the Fairtrade NZ website.