This week is Mental Health Awareness Week in Aotearoa New Zealand, which is all about focusing on our wellbeing and making sure we’re looking after ourselves.
The Five Ways to Wellbeing are five simple yet proven actions you can use every day to help you find balance, build resilience and boost your wellbeing.
CONNECT / ME WHAKAWHANAUNGA
Talk and listen, be there, feel connected
KEEP LEARNING / ME AKO TONU
Embrace new experiences, see opportunities, surprise yourself
TAKE NOTICE / ME ARO TONU
Remember the simple things that give you joy
BE ACTIVE / ME KORI TONU
Do what you can, enjoy what you do, move your mood
GIVE / TUKUA
Your time, your words, your presence
Support on campus
If you or someone you know would like to talk to someone about life at UC, getting help with managing your work, a personal matter or you just need someone to talk to, there is a range of free support available on campus.
Support for students:
- Student Care – 03 369 3388 firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0452 email@example.com
Support for staff and students:
- The Security Office provides support for students and staff 24 hours/ 7 days a week – 0800 823 637
- Health Centre Counselling / GP services – 03 369 4444 firstname.lastname@example.org
- Spanky Moore, Senior Ecumenical Chaplain – 03 369 1069 email@example.com
Support for staff:
0800 LIFELINE (0800 543 354) or text HELP (4357) for free, 24/7, confidential support – 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.