A new password tool is coming!
The Identity & Access Management Programme (IAM Programme) is replacing the aging and unsupported back end solution of the current IDMS system, with the aim of modernising and future-proofing the IAM solution within UC.
The new core platform is scheduled to go live by the end of October 2019.
With the new solution a new password tool will be provided. This means for staff, students and visitors at UC that:
- there will be only one tool for everyone to change their password in,
- password changes and synchronisation with downstream systems will be faster,
- if you no longer remember your password, you can re-set it yourself via the new password tool. And there is no need for you to contact the IT Service Desk during working hours anymore. The new tool is available 24/7.
With this in mind, start thinking about the strength of your password.
Further details will be provided in the coming weeks.
Meanwhile, another IAM Business Champion Group session also took place this week. Visit the IAM Business Champion Group site (intranet, staff access only) to see what is changing for Departments/Schools and watch a video recording of the session.
Ngā mihi nui
The IAM Project Team
See previous IAM related communication:
- IAM Project – A new back-end solution is coming soon!, September 19
- Identity and Access management Programme Updates, May 19
- Digitisation of the SMS Access form, March 19
- IAM Project – Service Request for Visitors (POI Form) now available as online form, September 2018
- IAM Programme Update, November 2017
- IAM Programme Updated, September 2017