Tēnā koutou katoa,
In line with the UC Staff Recruitment Strategy and as part of an ongoing commitment to operational excellence and continuing process improvement, Human Resources has reviewed the current continuing and long-term fixed term staff recruitment system (currently UCPeople/PeopleSoft Recruitment Module).
The detailed investigation of potential technical solutions, to address some of the challenges we currently face, focused on how to:
- improve the candidate experience and engagement
- make the system more user-friendly for applicants and Hiring Managers
- future proof the system to grow with UC’s needs and supports the Staff Recruitment Strategy
- enable UC Hiring Managers to be more actively involved in the recruitment process
- create a talent pool
- automate and speed up manual processes
Following due diligence and a detailed research phase, we are delighted to have found a technical solution that meets UC’s needs.
We have now commenced on a project to replace the current UCPeople/PeopleSoft recruitment module for continuing and long term fixed term staff recruitment.
Note: University of Canterbury Temporary Vacancy System (UCTV) is not affected at this stage.
Some of the benefits of the new solution selected is:
- easy to use,
- mobile capability,
- ability to build candidate talent pool,
- opportunities to further automate and improve process for faster turnaround of staff recruitment,
- easier and faster on boarding of new staff,
- cloud based recruitment platform, less maintenance from UC required,
- easy integration into UC’s HR systems
The new staff recruitment platform will go live by the end of November 2019.
Executive Director – Human Resources | Kaihautū Matua Pūmanawa Tangata