In line with the UC Staff Recruitment Strategy and as part of an ongoing commitment to operational excellence and continuing process improvement, Human Resources has reviewed the current continuing and long-term fixed term staff recruitment system (currently UCPeople/PeopleSoft Recruitment Module).
We have now commenced on a project to replace the current UCPeople/PeopleSoft recruitment module for continuing and long term fixed term staff recruitment.
Note: University of Canterbury Temporary Vacancy System (UCTV) is not affected at this stage.
What are the benefits ?
Some of the benefits of the new solution selected is:
- easy to use,
- mobile capability,
- ability to build candidate talent pool,
- opportunities to further automate and improve process for faster turnaround of staff recruitment,
- easier and faster on boarding of new staff,
- cloud based recruitment platform, less maintenance from UC required,
- easy integration into UC’s HR systems.
What is changing?
The new staff recruitment platform will enable technology and process changes across UC:
- Replacing unreliable, outdated recruitment platform with a user-friendly, cloud-based recruitment solution,
- Replacing manual Recruitment Business Case (Word) (HR Intranet, staff access only) with an online form and workflow,
- Implementing a Talent Pool system capability, so that candidates can receive notifications on roles they are interested in and load their information into our ‘talent pool’.
- Online Recruitment Business Case and approvals
- View applications online
- More automated recruitment processes
- Candidate accessibility
- Enabling manager led recruitment
- Offer Letters to be sent and accepted via the Recruitment Platform
- Online forms (e.g. Personal Data Form, Bank Account, IRD330 etc.)
- Automated Hiring process – payroll information fed directly into UCPeople/PeopleSoft via Robotic Process Automation (HireMe)
The new staff recruitment platform will go live by the end of November 2019.
Executive Director – Human Resources | Kaihautū Matua Pūmanawa Tangata