What is happening?
The Identity & Access Management Programme (IAM Programme) is replacing the aging and unsupported back end solution of the current IDMS system.
When is it happening?
The new IAM platform will go live on the weekend of the 23 & 24 November, replacing the current solution.
Who is impacted?
Staff, visitors and students are impacted. Visit the IAM Project Intranet site (staff access only) to see in detail what is changing for each group.
Existing staff, visitors and students will use the new password tool to change their password:
- The new password tool will be accessible via the ITS Website and users will be re-directed to an external site with a url name of okta.com
- Existing staff can login with their current user code and password and need to enter the following:
- a second personal email address (not shared with other systems),
- a mobile phone number
- and choose a security image
- New staff, student and visitors will be send a welcome email to their nominated private email address with a link to the new password tool (okta.com) to set a password. They have to enter the same details as above.
Note: Mobile phone number in the new password tool are not shared with anyone or any other systems. They are only held for the purpose of a 2nd authentication factor (i.e. text message code).
Benefits of the new IAM solution are:
If you have any questions regarding the IAM Programme, please do not hesitate to email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā mihi nui
The IAM Project Team
See previous IAM related communication:
- IAM Project – What is changing for Department/School Administrators, Notification Recipients, and Access Arrangers? October19
- IAM Project – What is changing for existing staff and visitors! October 19
- IAM Project – A new password tool is coming! October 19
- IAM Project – A new back-end solution is coming soon!, September 19
- Identity and Access management Programme Updates, May 19