We are pleased to announce that our new Staff Recruitment platform is now live.
HR has replaced the UCPeople/PeopleSoft recruitment module for continuing and long term fixed term staff recruitment with new a recruitment platform.
The new recruitment platform is named ‘UC Jobs’.
- the new platform works best with Chrome or Mozilla Firefox.
- University of Canterbury Temporary Vacancy System (UCTV) is not affected at this stage.
What does that mean for Hiring Managers?
Hiring managers who want to commence a recruitment process for continuing and long-term fixed term roles now need to create an Online Recruitment Business Case – via UC Jobs (Recruitment Platform).
At the time that you are ready to raise a business case, please contact your HR Advisor or the Recruitment Team who will step you through the process of accessing UC Jobs and entering your business case for approval.
Please refer to User Guide for Hiring Manager: UC Jobs – Academic (PDF) and User Guide for Hiring Manager: UC Jobs – General (PDF) in the HR Toolkit for assistance or contact the HR Recruitment Team at WorkatUC@canterbury.ac.nz .
What does that mean for candidates/applicants?
Internal applicants can now apply for jobs advertised on the UC Jobs platform via UC Jobs – Internal Candidates login. To apply for a job as an internal applicant:
- Select the job
- Click apply at the bottom of the advertisement
- Click sign in
- Use ‘I’m new here’ and register.
Please note: there is currently no integration with UC People available. If you apply for the first time using UC Jobs, you will need to create an account and remember the login details.
External applicants can apply via our new UC Jobs platform for external applicants. They need to register first and create an account. Previous registrations from UCPeople/PeopleSoft are not transferred over into the new system.
What is happening with previously advertised roles in UCPeople/PeopleSoft?
All roles that were previously advertised through our UCPeople platform closed on the 19th November. The recruitment team is working through these roles with the hiring manager until they are filled/closed.
Where can I get help?
- HR Toolkit>Recruit & Select> Seek approval to appoint (staff access only) or
- HR intranet site: UC Staff Recruitment Platform (staff access only).
Executive Director – Human Resources | Kaihautū Matua Pūmanawa Tangata
- New Staff Recruitment Platform – What is happening ? – 31st October 19
- A New Staff Recruitment Platform is coming! – Intercom, 17th October 19