Tēnā koutou katoa,
Due to technical issues outside the control of the UC team the implementation of the new IAM solution was postponed.
The new general password tool, together with the new Identity & Access Management (IAM) platform, will now go live this weekend.
Note: Jade SMS and Oracle Financials are not affected. Those systems manage passwords themselves. There is no change to how password changes will occur in Jade SMS and Oracle Financials.
What is happening?
The IAM platform is replacing the aging and unsupported back end solution of the current IDMS system with the aim to modernise and future proof the IAM solution within UC. This means that the back-end technology will change and a new password tool will be implemented. As a result there will be some technology and process changes for staff, students and visitors.
When is it happening?
The new IAM platform will go live on the weekend of 7 and 8 December 2019.
What does this mean for you?
The upgrade will allow UC to provision accounts and accesses much faster and more accurately than in the past. It also allows UC to integrate with cloud-based solutions in future.
UC staff, students and visitors will use the new general password tool to change their password as required.
The new general password tool will be accessible via the ITS Website and users will be re-directed to an external site with a url name of okta.com.
Existing Staff, students visitors
Existing staff, students and visitors can login with their current user code and password and need to enter the following:
- a personal email address – mandatory (not shared with other systems) – when added you will receive a confirmation email to this address
- a mobile phone number – not mandatory (not shared with other systems),
- and choose a security image (see selection image for an example. Once set the image will be displayed each time you login)
New staff, students, visitors
New staff, student and visitors will be sent a welcome email to their nominated private email address with a link to the new password tool (okta.com) to set their password. They have to enter the same details as above.
Note: Personal email addresses and mobile phone numbers in the new password tool are not shared further and are only held in the password tool for the purpose of an additional source of authentication (i.e. verification email or text message code). The additional source of authentication is used to send either an email or a text message to verify the change/set of the password.
Visit the IAM Intranet site (staff access only) to see in detail what is changing for each group at UC.
Automated email to staff from Okta
This is to let you know that later this week all existing staff and visitors will receive a system generated email from Okta (which is part of the new IAM solution).
Students will have received an email very similar to this over last weekend.
There are no actions required from your side.
The system generated email will look similar to this one:
Who has been consulted and involved about the changes?
The IAM programme is supported by a technical and non-technical User Reference Group (URG) and the IAM Business Champion Group with more than 140 representatives from across UC who provided feedback and input to the current solution over the past 2 years.
Where can I get help?
Please contact the IT Service Desk for assistance.
If you have any questions regarding the IAM Programme, please do not hesitate to email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ngā mihi nui,
Executive Director – Human Resources | Kaihautū Matua Pūmanawa Tangata
IAM Project Sponsor
See previous IAM related communication:
- IAM go-live postponed, November 19
- The new Identity & Access Management solution is going live soon, November 19
- IAM Project – What is changing for Department/School Administrators, Notification Recipients, and Access Arrangers? October19
- IAM Project – What is changing for existing staff and visitors! October 19
- IAM Project – A new password tool is coming! October 19
- IAM Project – A new back-end solution is coming soon!, September 19
- Identity and Access management Programme Updates, May 19
- Digitisation of the SMS Access form, March 19
- IAM Project – Service Request for Visitors (POI Form) now available as online form, September 2018
- IAM Programme Update, November 2017
- IAM Programme Updated, September 2017