The power of Yet

Have you come back with a little (or big) desire to make changes to bring about more wellbeing in your life? Perhaps we can help with that.

First up, i’d like to introduce you to the power of a little word  – yet. Put it at the end of a sentence, and it changes everything.

“I can’t touch my toes…yet”
“I don’t journal…yet”
“I haven’t found an exercise I like…yet”
“I can’t play guitar…yet”
“I don’t speak Italian…yet”

Finding your best wellbeing formula will require a bit of trial and error.   You might find journalling or a self-care routine is enough to put you in your happy place, but you might also find it doesn’t.  Check out these 15 tips to boost your wellbeing  and you might just get some inspiration.

Part of that formula should include some exercise.  Find something joyful, that every time you move you look forward to it, and are perhaps a little sad when it’s over!   This could be outdoors, indoors, at the beach or in the garden.

If you think structured exercise may help (perhaps you love routine, or recognise that your spontaneous nature could do with a little routine to balance you out), then we’d love to see you at the RecCentre.    More than just your standard gym, we offer a big range of activities under one roof, so you can get a taste of what the fitness industry has to offer at a super low price.   Just maybe we ‘ve got something that will excite you!

Right now, we have a 3-month membership special, which runs until 19 January, to help you get started.  If you’re not sure, pop over for a look through, then start with a 2-week trial – it’s free for UC Staff.

Have a happy and healthy 2020!