Work continues across UC to respond to the COVID-19 outbreak and support our students in China. It’s challenging working with changeable circumstances and multiple sets of data, which teams are trying to bring together from both internal and external sources such as Immigration NZ. If in doubt, reach out! Please stay informed and just ask if you need support.
Students arriving in the coming weeks
Immigration NZ (INZ) have clarified that people arriving here from other countries, including from Asia, who have not been in China for the previous 14 days do not need to self-isolate when they arrive in Aotearoa New Zealand. Importantly, if someone does not comply with completing 14 days outside of mainland China they will not be permitted into the country. We do expect to have students arriving in the next few weeks who have responded quickly to the situation and have already travelled out of China.
INZ have answered these questions:
If I stay outside of China for more than 14 days can I then travel to New Zealand?
Are there any countries I cannot spend the 14 days in after being in China?
At this stage no, there are no restrictions on other countries.
When do the 14 days start from?
The 14 days is prior to boarding your plane or cruise liner to New Zealand, so if you were boarding at 4:00pm on Wednesday 19 February 2020, you would have had to have been outside of China since 4:00pm on Wednesday 5 February 2020.
What is included in “mainland China”?
Mainland China includes all of China, but not Hong Kong SAR and Macau SAR, and not Taiwan.
Summary of key information for UC staff:
- Travel restrictions from China to NZ remain in place until Monday 24 February 2020 (reviewed by MoH every 48 hours).
- Technical support is available to help you to provide online delivery – please contact Nick Ford
- Keep washing your hands frequently, and avoid touching your face.
- Hand Sanitiser is available throughout the campus. In big lecture theatres and common spaces (eg Library) permanent bottles are being installed.
- If you need support, speak with your manager and don’t forget that we have an EAP service, call 0800 327 669.
- The coronavirus operations group is setup to manage the overall situation, so please use email@example.com to alert the group to any matters you believe need to be handled.
- The UC website continues to be updated daily. Recent updates on the website include advice on student visas, SSL and enrolling online.
- Staff and student updates are only sent when important new information comes to hand.
For more information: