Connecting with others is so important for our wellbeing and helps to make us feel safer, less stressed and less anxious. We can support each other to get through this.
There are many ways that you can connect during the isolation period:
- Bring out the old board games and puzzles you have – you may be surprised at how much fun they still are!
- Contact a friend you have not seen or spoken to for a while and talk, talk, talk!
- Find more opportunities for humour in the home by starting a family joke collection.
- Connect with your pet.
- Keep in touch with friends, family, colleagues and neighbours via skype, email or phone.
- Learn a new language.
- Connect with nature by going out for regular walks in isolation.
- Playing video games with mates in moderation.
- Joining or starting a virtual book club.
- Sharing a favourite karakia or waiata with your friends on social media.
- Having video catch-ups with workmates.