Embrace new experiences and try something new, you never know what hidden skill or talent that you might possess. Learning new things can help boost your confidence and are a great way to have some fun.
Here are some ways to keep learning:
- Learn something you don’t know about the area in which you live by checking out the local notice boards for interesting talks and events.
- Write your bucket list – then try something you have always wanted to do but never actually done!
- Start learning a musical instrument. How about the French horn or the harp?
- Find and try out a new recipe for a meal, cake or dessert.
- Commit to identifying a new plant every day for a year – in Māori and Latin.
- Visit the local public library and see what new books, mags and talks they have.
- Discover the name of the iwi, hapu, maunga and awa of the place you live.
- Memorise a new word every week. Practice using it among friends and family.
- Learn another language.
- Put your hand up for a new challenge/training in your workplace to broaden your knowledge.
- Pass on any of the latest research you find that relates to your professional or sector.
- Get your colleagues to bring their favourite non-fiction book to work for a book swap -learn about a new topic and your colleagues’ interests at the same time.