Kia ora koutou
Do you want to play a key role in championing UC’s student transition, persistence and engagement success?
If so, an exciting opportunity exists to join the Student Experience Team to coordinate the UC Mentoring and Emerging Leaders’ Development Programmes.
Expression of interest sought for Student Experience Advisor (Projects)
- Fulltime at 37.5 hours per week (1.0 FTE)
- Five-month fixed-term secondment
Our ākonga (students) are at the forefront of all that we do at UC with a shared vision of revitalising and enhancing the student experience to offer every student a ‘world class environment’ that promotes individual growth and development.
The Student Experience role supports it students and graduates both to achieve academically and to develop attributes related to employability and entrepreneurship, bicultural confidence, global awareness and engagement with the community.
Reporting to the Student Experience Team Leader, you will be responsible for researching, developing and delivering predominately first-year experience programmes and projects that support UC’s student success, learning outcomes and life experiences.
As the successful candidate you will have:
- Proven ability to positively engage and empower students to thrive
- Passion for close daily solution-focused engagement with students
- Experience working with international students and students from different backgrounds
- Excellent, networking and team-based collaboration and problem solving skills
- Evidence of successful public speaking and/or teaching
- Established effective event management and project delivery
- Working knowledge of relevant legislation and compliance issues regarding the provision of pastoral care in support of tertiary students
If you are passionate about student wellbeing and success, believe you have the required skills to inspire, guide and direct students to optimise their personal, social and academic engagement, then this is the role for you.
The closing date for this position is: Thursday, 19 April 2018 (midnight)
Applications for this position should include a cover letter, resume and any additional attachments combined into one document and submitted online at http://www.canterbury.ac.nz/joinus
To complete your application
- Click on this link to access our careers site.
- Sign In to access your account, or if you are not an existing user, select the New User link to create one.
- Review the job description and select the Apply button to begin your application.