UC celebrated sustainability champions yesterday at the annual UC Sustainability Awards, presented by Vice-Chancellor | Tumu Whakarae Professor Cheryl de la Rey.
Supreme Award winner Associate Professor Bronwyn Hayward led the way with her international involvement in the IPCC reports and her incredible community engagement and there were many more excellent projects that received accolades as well.
- Winner Supreme Award: Associate Professor Bronwyn Hayward
- Winner Academic Staff – Team: Environmental Science staff team
- Winner: Student Research: Helena Ruffell for Wastewater treatment plants as a source of microplastics to the environment
- Winner Student-Led Project Individual: Courtney Wright-Watson for Envirosoc
- Winner Student-Led Project Team: Amelia Dewhurst, Rose Bayldon, Florence Ferguson, Josh Watson for the Christchurch Climate Challenge
- Winner General Staff – Individual: Linda Morris for a lifetime of reusing, repurposing and recycling
- Winner General Staff – Team: Haere-roa/UCSA Building Project Team for Wellbeing Precinct Low Carbon Energy Scheme