We’re gearing up for an entire month of celebrating all things plastic free during the worldwide Plastic Free July Campaign.
- Bring a reusable coffee cup to campus, and make the most of the BYO cup discounts on offer
- Bring your lunch from home and swap out plastic cling film for a reusable beeswax wrap or a container. Or, if you’re buying food on campus, bring a plate or bowl from your office and avoid using that takeaway box!
- Take your own bags to get your groceries – and don’t forget smaller bags for loose produce
- Drink loose leaf tea – did you know tea bags contain plastic?
- Don’t forget your reusable water bottle too!
- Already got those covered? Why not try some simple swaps at home – like switching your plastic toothbrush to a bamboo one, or giving solid shampoo bars a go!
Want some more help?
We’ve got a whole bunch of plastic free activities planned next month to help you along the way, including a DIY zero waste workshop, student bloggers sharing their experiences about going plastic free on campus, and heaps of awesome plastic free giveaways over on our Facebook page!
Join us for a month (or more) of ditching single use plastics for good!
Keep an eye on our Facebook page during July for event updates and those giveaways – you don’t want to miss them.
This message was bought to you by the UC Sustainability Office. Stay connected and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop about campus sustainability. This is part of our contribution to Plastic Free July, where we encourage our UC community quit single use plastics for the month. For more information and tips, see the Plastic Free July website.