From Wednesday 3 June, payment for products and services sold by the College of Science (including School of Physical and Chemical Sciences and School of Earth and Environment) and Confucius Institute can be done online via the new e-commerce solution.
What have we been doing……………….
The roll out of BigCommerce, for selling products online (replacing UC Checkout), to the the above departments is now complete.
A big thank you to the staff involved in this roll-out for their input and patience while helping us implement the new systems and processes.
Training on the new process and systems will continue for relevant staff members as we roll-out the new system to other departments over the next few weeks.
What has changed…………
Most staff and students will not see any changes to the way products and services are sold online via the UC website. The key changes are:
- More products and services will be available for sale online
- The following products are now purchased online:
- Products (New): https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/arts/research/ci/shop/
- Evening Courses (existing): https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/arts/research/ci/courses/form/payment/
College of Science (including School of Physical and Chemical Sciences and School of Earth and Environment)
- Products (New – includes safety glasses and lab coats): https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/science/shop/
- Field Trips (existing): https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/science/schools-and-departments/earth-and-environment/health-and-safety/accordion/field-trips/payment/
- Students will need to provide their order number when picking up physical products or requesting refunds
- There is a new simplified process for setting up products and services to be sold online
- At the end of the project (approximately the end of June) all products and services currently sold online via UC Checkout will be transitioned to BigCommerce.
There has been no change to the way students pay their enrolment fees or to the process for managing and accepting payments for UC event.
Information about the new process will be available on the Financial Services Intranet at the end of the project.
The replacement of UC Receipting (for managing on-Campus payments) has been delayed due to the COVID19 lockdown. We will provide an update once the new timeline has been confirmed.