There will be concrete cutting work outside Puaka-James Hight (near the bike stands on the south side of the building) starting on Thursday 1 February. This work is to connect underground services.
The work will take approximately two to three working days, and is expected to be noisy and generate some dust. Measures will be in place on site to help mitigate this.
Apologies for any inconvenience. Please contact the Project Manager, David Wong with any concerns – email@example.com
The road that runs from University Drive to Puaka-James Hight will be closed for the day on Thursday 25 January between the University Bookshop and Puaka-James Hight (see image below). This is due to excavation and trenching work being carried out.
There will be no entry to the accessible car parks outside the south-east end of Puaka-James Hight. Please use the accessible car parks outside the South Arts Lecture Theatre or Psychology building instead.
The University Bookshop car park will remain open.
Please follow traffic management in place and take care when near the work site.
Early works on the Warehouse Lecture Theatre will begin on Monday 30 October under a tight schedule to ensure the theatres are ready for start of the first semester 2018. The schedule is as follows:
Early works – 30 Oct
- Removal of Trees
- Excavation of soils to make paths
- Excavation to do some isolated foundation concrete works
Full construction to begin – 8 Nov 2018
- Inside demolition of the warehouse – internal only
- Internal concrete noise buffered by being inside the warehouse
- Standard interior concrete and steel upgrade works
- Interior fit-out works
None of these works are expected to impact on any examination locations because of the isolated location of the warehouse and interior nature of the work.
If you are at all concerned however, please email Project Manager David Wong.
Work is now well under way on the UCSA building site. Here’s what’s happening over the next few weeks.
- Ground beams and foundations – excavation work is progressing.
- Trenching work and drilling bores has started at the Ilam Road end of the site.
- There will be some noise as a result of this work, and a small number of concrete trucks coming and going from site.
- Concrete pours – the slab will be poured section by section. There will be one or two trucks coming and going from site at any one time.
- Construction and assembly of Precast Panels on-site.
- Structural steel work due to start.
- Bore drilling at the Health Centre end of the site is also expected to start after exams.
Study break and exams
Noise levels are expected to be low over the study break and exam period, however this will be monitored. If you have any concerns please contact David Wong, Project Manager Capital Works – firstname.lastname@example.org
Please take care when walking, cycling, skateboarding or driving near the UCSA building site. Watch for construction vehicles and look out for others.
Construction work on a new sub-station is under way near the Health Centre/UCSA site. The sub-station will service buildings in the area.
Temporary fencing is in place around the work site. Two car parks will be unavailable during the work to allow construction vehicle access.
Please follow any detours and signage in place around the work area. Take care when travelling through the area and look out for others.
Kia mataara. Think first.