Do you manage customer/student facing areas within the university?
Then this post is for you!
Here are some tips to improve service in your area.
1. Create an action plan:
- Where are we at now?
- Where do we want to be?
- How do we bridge the gap?
2. Explore ways of measuring satisfaction – how do you know if your customers are happy with your service?
3. Work to find out why your current service levels may not be optimal.
Enrol now in our upcoming Leading Service course on Monday 22 May.
Not a manager? Find out more about our Delivering Service course on Tuesday June 27.
Not the course that you are looking for? Please visit our Learning and Development intranet page to view our courses/workshops and programmes or if you have any questions contact Learning & Development.
We have an upcoming course for Staff Development on 5 April that still has places left!
Delivering Service is a fantastic course that teaches you how to use active listening, anticipate customer needs and reactions, and explain concepts in a way others will understand.
This course is aimed at those who have direct contact and interactions with students and other customers; be that via phone, email or face to face.
Find out more here, including future workshop dates.
Learn how to remove the difficult from challenging situations by attending the Dealing With Challenging Client Situations course on Wednesday 3 August, from 9am – 1pm.
By completing the Dealing with Challenging Client Situations course, you will leave with the skills to:
- understand different behaviours – both your customers and yours too
- recognise triggers – when people can become difficult
- know what to do to stop the person moving from difficult to angry
- respond to challenging situations and behaviours to get the best outcome for you, UC and the customer/client
- and, much more.
Our clients/customers should be viewed as anybody that you provide a service to – students, internal and external clients and, of course, our colleagues.
If you would like to attend this workshop, please register here.
This course is bought to you by your Learning and Development Team. We’d love to hear from you! Email us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Are you curious about whether you should undertake professional development as part of your role?
Click here to hear what Dr Rod Carr says about it.