UCPeople (PeopleSoft) will be upgraded in September, bringing with it a new look, mobile capability, new search capabilities and easy user navigation.
What is changing for Employees?
Changes include the ability to:
- cancel future booked, not yet processed leave
- enrol in Professional Development courses and Health & Safety courses online via UCPeople and
- view your historical training data (i.e. Professional Development and H&S courses including inductions run by HR).
See here for more details>
UC is opening a new IELTS test centre. We are asking for expressions of interest to join our team of IELTS Examiners. You will need:
- An undergraduate or Master’s degree or equivalent.
- A recognised qualification in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages
- At least 3 years’ full time TESOL teaching experience. The majority of this teaching experience must be to students 16 and over.
Please apply with a cover letter, contact details, brief CV and details of availability on Saturdays and Thursdays. Clearly outline how you meet the requirements. Suitable candidates will be contacted to complete a formal application.
Email your expression of interest to the IELTS centre administrator firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date for expressions of interest is 3 March.
Can you work with this UC student?
“I’m looking for someone with a full license who lives in or near Rangiora. I use a wheelchair and am looking for someone to drive my automatic car to go into the University of Canterbury on Thursday and/or Friday.
“I’m starting postgraduate study at the University of Canterbury and I require someone (ideally who attends UC and is postgraduate or teaching staff or someone who works in Riccarton) to drive me into campus and back home, each week on a Thursday and/or Friday.
“I use a powered wheelchair and have a modern fully automatic modified car with automatic chair locking system. We would car pool in together and then carpool back to Rangiora after being at Uni. We would do our separate university study or work throughout the day.
“Petrol costs are covered and you would be paid 2 1\2 hours for the assistance I require to travel in my car and the travel time. It would be great to share company and a few laughs while attending university.
“I would work in with your study timetable including going in and leaving university.”
To get in touch with this UC student please email email@example.com