EAP (Employee Assistance Programme) has released their latest newsletter.
The focus in this edition is on Financial Wellness and includes articles written by members of the Authorised Financial Adviser (AFA) team within EAP.
– Why Financial Wellness is so important
– Using the Financial Wellness Meter in the EAP Now app
– Tips to manage your KiwiSaver scheme
– How to easily measure and track your own Financial Wellness
EAP Financial Advisers are available for UC staff to access as part of our agreement with EAP. These sessions, as with all EAP sessions, are confidential and free.
Access the newsletter here.
With the most valuable working years ahead until your retirement, making the most of your earning power is critical.
This NZFP seminar explores those 10-20 years before retirement and how to go about putting the important financial structures in place so you are well set up for retirement.
It is most helpful for those aged between 35 and 55.
- Lifestyle planning – what have you got to work with?
How much do you need now and in the future?
How much do you need to save?
- Debt management – what is good vs. bad debt?
- Insurance – what do you need to protect?
- Estate planning – what structures do you need to put in place?
- Time and date: Tuesday 23 October 2018, 12:00 – 1:30pm
- Location: Jack Erskine 121 – Ilam Campus
- RSVP via email, here>
Looking to improve your financial planning skills, wondering about retirement or simply want to pay off your debt faster?
Come to our financial wellbeing afternoon and receive down to earth financial information you can trust.
- When: Tuesday 20 November, 1:00 – 5:00pm.
- Where: 2nd Floor, Engineering Core
Our panel of experts will take you through a series of short (15-20 minute) presentations on some of the biggest topics facing us at the moment:
- Are you making the most of your money?
- Preparing for retirement
- How to get the best out of KiwiSaver
- Being remembered for good
- Preparing for life’s emergencies
- Investing intelligently
- Leaving a legacy – taking care of loved ones
In addition there will be a free expo with information stands and expert advice, as well as the opportunity to book one-to-one clinic with lawyers, bankers, financial advisers and will writers.
All stakeholders will be offering impressive staff discounts for the various services they offer, so be sure to come along. No need to register, just turn up.
For further information and a timetable of all the seminars and topics please follow this link or email Kathryn Marshall.
Transition into Retirement is a seminar for people approaching retirement and are likely to be in the last 1-5 years of full-time employment.
This seminar targets a very narrow and specific target audience for the following reasons:
- you’re moving from the ability to create financial independence into managing it
- there are very specific issues you need to address
- you’re unsure of the options you have to manage the wealth you have accumulated
- you have worry and/or doubt about being able to enjoy life in retirement
You may be asking:
- how do I replace my wages or salary?
- how do I set myself up for retirement
- how do I best manage my wealth in retirement?
If this sounds like you, then New Zealand Financial Planning (NZFP) warmly invite you to attend this seminar.
Date: Tuesday 4 September
Time: 12.00 – 1.30pm
Location: Erskine 121
Please register your interest for this seminar by contacting Shelley Dick via email or by calling 03 375 4040.
Upcoming 1.5 hour financial planning seminar for those close to retirement. This is aimed at those in the last one to five years of their full-time employment.
The seminar will focus on the following:
Life style planning
- The stages of retirement.
- Where the cash is going to come from to
replace your regular salary.
- Knowing how much you can afford to
- How to manage your wealth in a way that
will see you through your retirement years.
Insurance and estate planning
- What do you need?
- What are the best structures to put in
For this group, NZFP extend an invitation to partners to participate.
Wednesay, 16 August 2017
12 noon to 1.30pm
Please register your interest for this seminar by contacting Shelley Dick, via email or phone (03) 375 4040.
Another NZFP Seminar will also be held this year for the 35–55 age group.
Please see the Learning and Development: Financial Planning Seminars intranet page for further information.