The University of Canterbury is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities (ACU). Our membership provides access to a number of exciting, interesting and challenging opportunities such as conference grants for early career academic staff, academic fellowships, and grants to support initiatives that will boost gender equity and equality.
There are opportunities to “Get Involved” – collaborations across the Commonwealth e.g. “Global challenges”, “Access and inclusion”.
There’s also a range of opportunities for our students including scholarships, summer school grants, and fellowships.
Current opportunity promoted on the ACU site
“A Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholarship is a unique opportunity to study for a two-year Master’s at an ACU member institution across the Commonwealth.
Through cultural exchange and academic collaboration, Queen Elizabeth Commonwealth Scholars help bring about positive change and find solutions to the shared challenges we face – both in their home countries and those that host them. Applications are open until 15 January 2020. Find out more on our website ”
Newsletter “acu syntHEsis”.
I will endeavour to publicise opportunities as they arise but the best way for you to be sure of current rounds in a timely way would be to subscribe to their newsletter.
The newsletter is monthly. The current issue is available via the ACU Synthesis link. To subscribe and keep in touch with news and opportunities, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The Association of Commonwealth Universities is an international organisation dedicated to building a better world through higher education.
- International collaboration is central to this ambition: by bringing universities together from around the world – and crucially the people who study and work within them – the ACU helps to advance knowledge, promote understanding, broaden minds, and improve lives.
- The ACU champions higher education as a cornerstone of stronger societies, supporting its members, partners, and stakeholders as they adapt to a changing world.” (ACU homepage).
Liaison and our information page
- See our intranet page to access the ACU site
- I am the liaison person for ACU so talk to me if you want more information.
Karen Mather, Organisational Development Manager, Human Resources.