A specialist truck needs to access the area between Electrical Link and the Core tomorrow in order to drive earthing poles into the ground. This requires a portion of the hoardings that keep the public out of the site to be removed temporarily.
Any truck movements outside hoardings will be time to occur while lectures are in session and foot traffic is minimal, and spotters will be engaged on each side of the truck.
Once the earth poles are driven in, the truck will exit via the same route and the hoarding replaced. Please take extra care around this area tomorrow.
Check out these simple tips.
Feel free to download, print and display these helpful posters in your work area.
We have been made aware of some potential defects in the newly operational pedestrian crossing on Waimairi Road.
Christchurch City Council have been informed and are investigating, but in the meantime, please continue to take care in the area whether walking or driving.
Nominations are being sought for the position of Health and Safety representative for the College of Arts (NCRE), the College of Education, Health and Human Development (Teacher Education), the College of Science (Biological Sciences) and the Project Management Office.
Nominations will open 9am Monday 3 August and close 5pm, Friday 14 August. The nomination form can be accessed here and a description of the Health and Safety representative role can be seen here.
Completed nomination forms should be returned in a sealed envelope marked “voting papers” to Health and Safety Team, Dovedale Village, DB06. If you would like to discuss the role or have any questions, please contact Jeff Morris or Maura Minnock from the Health and Safety Team or your union representative.
Learning and Development workshops
Learning and development opportunities can be found on theLearning and Development Intranet.
- Managers/Heads – are you looking for ways to increase the impact of your discussions with your staff and colleagues? The Coaching programme is for you! – 25/26 June and 30 July
- Or, if you want to maximise the outputs of your meetings, take part in our Chairing effective meetings session – 30 June.
- All UC staff who have direct contact and interact with students and other customers (internal or external) will benefit from participating in our Dealing with challenging client situation course – 4 August
- Improve your processes and maximise your productivity with ourPersonal Efficiency Programme – 8 and 22 July. Two places are available on this course.
Health and Safety Training
Coming up in June and July:
Places are still available on the following sessions:
- Lab Managers Training, 15 June, 9am-1pm
- First Aid Revalidation, 23 June, full day
- Health and Safety Planning for Managers, 23 July, 9am-1pm
For more information and to enrol or waitlist for any 2015 Health & Safety training workshops, please see the Health & Safety Information and Training Intranet.