Blue CLUES/Weaving the Rope: Courage in Challenging Times
Wed 24 June 10am-11.30am
Join a 90 minute virtual session that is relevant for all staff in our response to the current Covid-19 situation and beyond.
Who is this for? All UC Staff!
People at all stages in their leadership journey that want to learn more about the four skill sets of courage: defining leadership and how to navigate vulnerability; leading with values; building trust; rising from setbacks.
Link to Organisational Culture:
Part of being constructive is about being courageous and having courageous conversations. If we can build capability around how to be courageous and provide an environment where this is encouraged then it will help shift us closer to our ideal organisational culture.
Courageous leadership has never been more vital than it is now
In this session, Kaila will draw on her training with the Dare to Lead™ curriculum, as well as her own extensive leadership experience, to share evidence-based leadership skills most relevant to the challenges posed by our current context.
This experience is for you if:
- You are wondering what leadership looks like when our environment is uncertain
- You want to know the key attributes of leaders who successfully deal with significant challenges
- You are tasked with keeping people focused and moving forward even if you don’t know what direction to go in
- You want to understand what it means to be a courageous leader in the face of sudden and dramatic disruption
- You need your team and your organisation to be braver and more resilient than ever before
About Kaila Colbin:
Kaila is co-founder of Boma Global and CEO of Boma New Zealand.
She spearheaded the hugely successful SingularityU New Zealand and Australia Summits, introducing more than 2,500 people to exponential technologies and their impact on humanity. She trained with Brené Brown and is a Certified Dare To Lead™ Facilitator. She is also a co-founder and trustee of the non-profit Ministry of Awesome and a Director of CORE Education. Her purpose in life is to be an uplifting presence.
Register to attend the virtual session here>