If you are compiling a document from two documents, and you have two monitors (computer screens), this tip will be very useful. They may both be Word documents, or could be emails, PDFs or even a combination of these.
- Open both documents and display one on each monitor
(I like to maximise each one so that it fills the monitor)
- Decide which one is the primary document
- Drag text from the other document and drop it into place in the primary document.
Two important things to note:
– step 3 above will move the text from one document to the other
– to copy the text from one document to the other, hold down the Ctrl key while you drag and drop the text.
Other tips you may find useful are:
Resize a program window to fit half your screen
View 2 windows on one screen (for twin monitor users)
Four windows on two screens?
View One Word Document in Two Windows
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Got some suggestions? Please leave a comment below or let me know.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development.