If you have installed the Zoom meeting buttons in Outlook, (link to come) here’s how you start a meeting.
But before we get started…
A REALLY IMPORTANT NOTE: Zoom is not about conducting visual phone calls (such as in Skype for Business). Zoom is about creating a virtual “room” in which you can meet with people. So you don’t “call” someone – instead you go into a virtual meeting room and then invite them to join you.
- Open Outlook
- Click the Start Instant Meeting button, located on the Home Ribbon. (If the Zoom buttons are not there, install the Zoom meeting buttons. If you have installed them but they are still not there, restart Outlook.)
- a Zoom meeting window opens (probably showing your face, if your video camera is on; but note that some laptops have a little sliding plastic cover across the video camera)
- NOTE: you are now “in a virtual meeting room”
Now invite those you wish to meet with, to join you in your virtual meeting room:
- Click the Invite button on the toolbar at the bottom of the Zoom Meeting window. (If you don’t see the toolbar, it will appear when you move your mouse across the Zoom Meeting window.)
- Type the names of people you wish to meet with.
- Select each name and click the blue button in the lower right corner
– those participants are “brought into” the virtual meeting room to join you.
– if you need to mute your microphone or your video, use the buttons at the left end of the toolbar
– to end the meeting click the red End Meeting text at the right end of the toolbar
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Got some suggestions? Please leave a comment below or let me know.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development.