With a new month ahead of us, now is a great time to think about what you would like this month to mean for you? Check out this calender from Action for Happiness for an action each day that encourages us to look after ourselves and others this month.
As we head into the colder months, it is important to remember to continue to take good care of our health and wellbeing. Incorporating these 5 simple strategies will help you to boost your wellbeing and reduce the risk of becoming unwell.
How is it going in your bubble? The Easter break poses a range of emotions and thoughts for us to process. Do any of the following resonate with you?
- I’m pleased about not having to work and looking forward to having a rest.
- I’m missing my loved ones that I’d usually spend Easter with.
- I’m looking forward to spending some time in the garden.
- I’m worried about how other people are managing, even people I don’t know.
- I think my kids/partner/flatmates are going to drive me crazy over the next few days.
- I was really looking forward to going away for Easter.
- I’m on my own and not sure if I’ll feel lonely or not.
We will all have different feelings and thoughts about how Easter will be for us this year and that’s normal. Consider Easter as a good time to review your Wellbeing and how you are taking care of yourself. Try doing something different to improve your wellbeing and make life in your bubble more manageable.
Here are some tips for living in your Easter bubble:
Staying active is vital for maintaining a healthy wellbeing especially during the present moment with majority of us either working or studying at home. Here are some ways that you can be active at home…
- Play ‘the floor is lava’ with the kids
- Do a yoga or Zumba class online
- Try out a new workout on YouTube
- Go for walks or runs outside (just stay 2m away from others!)
- Use the cans in the pantry as weights, stretch
Check out UC Rec Centre’s facebook page for a range of live streamed fitness classes and workouts!
This week has been tough, be kind to yourself and those around you. Take this time to fill up your cup with positivi-tea! Have a break over the weekend, do something fun with those in your bubble, have a laugh and relax.
Throughout this time, it is important to remember that we are not alone. Connecting with others is important for maintaining a healthy wellbeing, one way we can do this is through the act of giving. It feels good to give and everyone has something to offer.
Here are some ways you can continue to give:
- Give compliments to others via skype, phone or email.
- Think of a skill you can offer to others i.e. teach your family how to cook, teach a friend another language or how to play a musical instrument via skype.
- Let people know you are there to help and tell them what help you go off i.e offer to pick up food for your neighbour when you go shopping.