Do you manage a shared mailbox in Microsoft Outlook?
Now that it’s Christmas and you may be thinking about switching on Automatic Replies (Out of Office), doing so for a shared mailbox can be a real battle. Christmas is all about The Good News and there’s good news here too: there is an easy way to do this.
The easiest way to switch on Automatic Replies (Out of Office) for a shared mailbox is to do so through Outlook Web App.
This is actually pretty quick and straight forward, so don’t be put off by all the steps in the instructions below. Just forge on!
- Log in to Outlook Web App (OWA)
– by following these steps
– or by clicking this link
Now you are logged in to OWA, all you need to do is access the shared mailbox and switch on Out of Office.
2. Access the shared mailbox
– Click your name in the upper-right corner of the OWA window
(a dialogue box appears titled Open Other Mailbox)
– Enter the name of the shared mailbox you’d like to add the Out of Office reply to, then click Open (the shared mailbox opens)
3. Switch on Out of Office
– Click options in the upper-right corner (just below where your name was before you opened the shared mailbox)
– Click set automatic replies
– Set up your Automatic Reply, ensuring you consider replies to senders inside the organisation and outside the organisation
(to get started, click the radio button titled Send automatic replies)
– you can set an automatic start and end date/time if required
– Click Save in the lower-right corner (it has a green tick next to it).
– When you are finished, click sign out in the upper-right corner.
If you have a Tech Tip suggestion, please let me know.
For other great time-saving tips, look up:
– Being more efficient with your technology
– Technology Information for Staff website
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Got some suggestions? Please leave a comment below or let me know.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development.