Do you know an excellent teacher or teaching team who deserve wider recognition?
Then take a moment to nominate them for a UC Teaching Award or the UC Teaching Medal.
Nominations for the 2020 Teaching Awards and UC Teaching Medal are open from now until 18 May, so kick start your year now.
Don’t forget that there is also an award available for implementing a single special teaching innovation, and that all teaching awards also bring with them a financial reward. The process is simple: complete a one-step form.
All awards recognise excellence in teaching (including thesis supervision) in both undergraduate and graduate programmes. The teaching medal is UC’s highest award for teaching and leadership.
Further information and nomination forms are available on the Teaching Awards or the Teaching Medal websites.
Since 1913 the UCSA has been recognising students who excel in their chosen sport.
In 2017 the UCSA, in association with UC, developed the traditional sports-focused Blues event into an all-round awards night celebrating a broader scope of student success., creating an event now consisting of Sports, Community Engagement and Arts categories.
Receiving an award at our Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present students who have excelled in these areas.
The categories for major awards are:
- Sportsperson of the year
- Outstanding contribution to university sport
- Team of the year
- Coach of the year
- Outstanding achievement in the arts
- Outstanding achievement in community engagement and
- Outstanding contribution to sustainability.
- Nominations must be made via the prescribed form via the UCSA website, with all sections completed
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of nominations date. Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues committee.
Nominations close 5pm Sunday the 12 August, with nominees announced on 3 September. Updates on the awards will be posted on the UCSA’s Facebook page.
The Blues Awards will be held 29 September at the UCSA Events Centre.