Want to know more about UC’s approach to policy drafting and policy review?
The Metapolicy sets out UC’s policy review and policy development processes and also provides guidance on:
- the standard of drafting for UCPL documents,
- tone and style, key questions the document must answer, and
- drafting conventions used by the Policy Unit when reviewing UCPL documents.
See the UCPL webpages for:
- What policies are in their review period;
- What policies have undergone a scheduled review;
- What policies have been removed from the UC Policy Library web pages, merged with others policies, renamed or relocated elsewhere;
- What new policies have been added to the UC Policy Library;
- Policy processes;
- Policy templates.
Give feedback on UC Policy Library documents by contacting the Contact Officer named on the policy. Contact officer details are available here.
Learning Evaluation and Academic Development (LEAD; formerly Academic Services Group) have recently reviewed and revised the University’s survey policy.
The Student Community Online Survey Policy aims to protect against survey fatigue, and minimise overlap of data collected. It also helps to ensure compliance with ethics guidelines and privacy legislation. Additionally, student and survey data remains secure by use of the University’s Qualtrics survey software.
Key updates include:
- Simplification in procedure
- The policy applies only to Student Community; staff-based surveys are exempt
- Significant membership group applies to survey distributions greater than 200 individuals, down from 500
- The Survey Reference Group has been dissolved and replaced with a simple online screening tool
- Overall less restriction/bottlenecking for surveying
All parties interested in any student surveying should fill out their intentions in the online screening tool.
Click here for Qualtrics support.
Please contact LEAD at email@example.com with any questions.
Want to know how to improve your policy drafting or where to start if you are new to drafting documents ? Want to know where to find Contact Officer details when you have queries on a UC Policy Library (UCPL) document? Read on to find out the answers.
Policy documents held in the UC Policy Library show role titles rather than staff names, as the people in these roles can change frequently.
It can be hard to find contact details for some members of UC staff on the UC web so to make identifying and contacting UCPL Contact Officers easier, their contact information is now accessible via the UC Policy library>
The Policy Unit has also developed a policy drafting style guide for writing documents that staff can use.
The recent UC Admin Plus session on drafting documents provided more detailed instruction on how to write a policy document, this resource can be used for drafting other types of compliance documents as well.
If you have any queries about writing policy and/or other compliance documents, feel free to contact the Policy Unit at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
UC’s Harassment Policy has recently been revised and is now called the Prevention of Harassment and Bullying Policy.
UC is committed to providing a harassment-free and bullying-free environment where all people are treated with respect and dignity and can contribute and participate to their full potential.
The UC community is encouraged to familiarise themselves with the revised policy via the UC Policy Library.