If you are using the Zoom videoconferencing tool to conduct meetings, you will find it useful to add the Zoom icons to your Outlook Ribbon.
To do this, you need to download the plugin from your computer’s Software Center, as follows:
- Click the Windows icon at the bottom left corner of your screen
- Start typing “Software Center” (American spelling)
– a list of options displays, including the Software Center
- Click Software Center in the list of options
– The Software Center opens, displaying software available to you
- Type “Zoom” into the search box in the upper right corner of the Software Center window. (There are various ways to organise the display of the software available, but this is a simple way to find Zoom.)
– the available Zoom options display
- Double-click _Other Zoom Outlook Plugin
- Click the blue Install button
NOTE: Outlook may close or restart during the installation
For great time-saving tips, look up:
– Being more efficient with your technology
– Technology Information for Staff website
– The ITS Homepage and Knowledge base. (Note the tabs for Students, Staff and Visitors.)
Was this tip helpful to you? Anything else you want to know? Got some suggestions? Please leave a comment below or let me know.
You’ll find more learning at Learning and Development.