Haumanu Mirimiri | Massage Therapy
COVID-19: PORT HILLS MASSAGE AT THE UC REC CENTRE Alert Level 2 OPEN
We have all been through so much over the last few weeks in such a fractured time. Why not take some time out whilst your on campus to treat yourself to a massage that can help de-stress those achy muscles from weeks of working at the desk. Our therapists are here to care for you and help support your wellbeing.
We have made a few changes to how we operate but still offer a great service and will open up part time initially.
OPENING Tuesday 26th of May
With the current status of COVID-19 and Alert level 2 in New Zealand, we have been recommended by Massage New Zealand (MNZ) to follow the health professionals guidelines from the ministry of health and can open.
Procedures Alert level 2:
- Only 45 min and 60 minute appointments are available
- We need to work in with block bookings for opening hours of the Rec Centre and cleaning schedules
- Please bring your own WATER
- Sign in at Reception and wait in the allied health waiting area for your appointment
- 1 metre distancing from all people in the circulation space and in the waiting area
- We have 1 use-masks available if you want to use them during your massage
- Therapists are to use masks at their discretion
- If you show any signs of being UNWELL you MUST rebook or cancel your massage and/or, the therapist has right of refusal to treat should you show signs of being unwell
- Please sanitize your hands before and after your appointment
- There is 30 minutes in between appointments to allow for cleaning and sanitizing of the massage room
We look forward to seeing you
BOOK HERE: https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/ucreccentre/massage/
Staying active is vital for maintaining a healthy wellbeing especially during the present moment with majority of us either working or studying at home. Here are some ways that you can be active at home…
- Play ‘the floor is lava’ with the kids
- Do a yoga or Zumba class online
- Try out a new workout on YouTube
- Go for walks or runs outside (just stay 2m away from others!)
- Use the cans in the pantry as weights, stretch
Check out UC Rec Centre’s facebook page for a range of live streamed fitness classes and workouts!
With the current status of COVID-19 in New Zealand, we have been recommended by Massage New Zealand (MNZ) to follow the health professionals guidelines from the ministry of health:
We have increased our cleaning, hand washing, personal and room sanitizing procedures at the UC Rec Centre before and after clients.
If you are however concerned please do what is best for your own health.
Massage therapists will be updated by MNZ as events unfold and we will inform you when things may change. Otherwise we are continuing to offer a great service and we thank you for your support.
Tina George PHMT owner
The year has started with some wonderful hot summers days. No doubt people are very busy getting back into academic programmes and maybe some outdoor sports and gardening. Achy muscles are sometimes hard to get on top of and our massage therapists are here to help.
At the UC Rec Centre we have had massage therapy available at discounted rates for staff and students. We are currently going through some staff changes and we say goodbye to one of our therapists who has been with us since the start.
Shyanne Poutai has been a great asset to our team and we wish her the best for her future endeavours as she has developed a great start to her massage therapy career.
WELCOME: To Jared Williams and Hadassah Topp.
Jared is currently a clinic supervisor at the NZ college of massage and is covering our tuesday afternoon shift and likes to offer therapeutic deep tissue treatment for headaches and musculoskeletal discomfort.
Hadassah Top is starting her saturday shifts whilst she completes her therapeutic training this year. Hadassah (Darcy) is a relaxation, stress management and pregnancy specialist with a wonderful kind and caring nature.
If you would like to book an appointment for a discounted massage at the Rec Centre please go to this link