Zoom has been added to UCGO, making it easy to connect with your colleagues and join meetings on the go, from anywhere.
Follow these steps to set up your Zoom account on UCGO:
- Click the Zoom tile from the UCGO home screen
- Click sign in, choose to sign in with SSO.
- Enter canterbury as the domain name
- Type in your UC email address and enter your UC password
- Follow the prompts to finish set up
- You are now ready to use Zoom from UCGO
Did you know you can also access your UCGO profile from your computer, laptop or iPad? Simply follow this link and log in. Bookmark it now so you can easily connect to zoom, see what’s happening on Tū ki te tahi, get the latest COVID-19 updates and see what’s happening at UC on our social media channels.
Troubleshooting: If Zoom will not open in UCGO, check you have the latest version of the app. You can do this by checking you have the April update in the about section found in UCGO settings. If you have an earlier version simply update UCGO in your app store.
Find out more about downloading and using UCGO here>
The UCGO app provides the tools students need to succeed at UC. Using UCGO students can access their personal student email, LEARN and library accounts, as well as their class timetable. Spread the word and encourage students to download UCGO to help them on their journey to success at UC.
UCGO provides really practical information to help students in their first few weeks at UC including information on campus safety, getting to and from UC and finding their way around campus. It also has tools to help them connect with UC through social media and the Insider’s Guide | Tūpono blog.
New tools added this summer
New tools have been added to UCGO recently and are all available for staff too.
- Keep your V-Plate card close, connect it to UCGO – tick ‘remember me’ when you log in for ease of use.
- See what’s happening on campus through UC’s social media channels – all connected to UCGO.
- Plan your journey to and from UC whether driving, cycling or catching the bus using the new Getting Around tool.
Staff can download UCGO and log in using their staff login details. Staff currently have access to the following tools through UCGO:
- UC Social
- Campus Safety
- Getting Around
- Key UC Dates
- Insider’s Guide | Tūpono – student blog
- Emergency push notifications – this is a primary channel of communication with staff and students in the event of a campus wide emergency. Notifications must be enabled to receive these messages.
Download UCGO now from the App Store and Google Play, and encourage students to do the same.
See all the tools and find more about UCGO here>
Next week we welcome our students back from their well-deserved mid-year break and also welcome a number of new domestic and international students to UC. During week one of Semester 2 (15 – 19 July) let them know how to get on top of the new semester and organise their student life by wearing your UCGo t-shirt and encouraging students to download the UCGo app.
Some UCGo t-shirts are still available, if you would like one please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Staff can also download and log in to UCGo using their staff log in. Staff won’t be able to access all functionality, but can use the following:
- Insider’s Guide | Tūpono
- Campus safety
- Key UC dates
Download UCGo from the App Store and Google Play
The Library tile on UCGo has been upgraded with fully integrated functionality. That means you will be able to see your current loans, what you’ve requested and any fines you have owing. You’ll also be able to search the library catalogue and see other library resources right from your phone.
UCGo is a free mobile app primarily for UC students, but staff can also access some tools including the upgraded library tool by logging in with your staff credentials. The app brings together tools such as LEARN, support on campus and key UC dates, it is also a great way for staff to see what is being communicated to students through Insider’s Guide.
Download UCGo today from the App Store and Google Play, find out more here>
UCGo is here! Our new mobile app will help students organise and manage their day-to-day study by bringing together tools they use every day such as LEARN, student email and their individual timetables.
Download the app and log in using your staff login details. Staff will be able to access information including student support services and security on campus, as well as RecCentre class timetables, campus maps, key UC dates and student notices. Come along to one of the staff briefings today (Monday 11 March) and find out more:
Briefing 1: 11.30am, Te Moana-Copper Top, Rehua.
Briefing 2: 2.00pm, Te Moana-Copper Top, Rehua.
UCGo is free and available in both the iTunes App Store and Google Play now – simply search UCGo. Find out more about the app and see answers to frequently asked questions here>
UCGo functions include:
- Library – see open hours and look for journal articles, books and more.
- Campus safety – how to contact UC Security and report a hazard or emergency
- Student notices
- Student support – support services available on campus
- RecCentre – access open hours and group fitness timetables
- Campus maps – find your way around campus
- Key UC dates
- Push notifications will only be sent during campus-wide emergencies
- My timetable
- Student email
If you have any feedback on the app please leave a comment below or email email@example.com