Ingredients you need:
- 1 tsp of coconut oil
- 1 tsp of beeswax pastilles
- 1 tsp of Shea Butter or Cocoa Butter
- For a red tinted lipstick: 1/8 tsp of beetroot powder or 1 drop of natural food colouring
- For a brown/tan tinted lipstick: ¼ tsp of organic cocoa powder, a tiny pinch of cinnamon or turmeric to get the exact shade you would like
- For a more matte texture: ¼ tsp bentonite clay (using this with a colour will prevent leaving a white tint on your lips)
- For a scent: a drop of essential oil of your choice
- To begin, melt the shea butter or cocoa butter with the beeswax and coconut oil in a glass jar (without a lid), in a small pot of simmering water (not boiling).
- Once melted, remove from the heat and add in any scents or colours of your choice.
- Once all the ingredients are mixed well but still in liquid form, use a dropper to pour it into a lip chap container. Make sure to fill it just below the top, as it will begin to expand slightly when it cools. Leave it to cool for at least half an hour and store in a cool place to prevent softening.