The RecCentre has seen some great uptake over our first few weeks, in Level 2. The booking system was necessary to manage capacity and spacing, and we’ve had much feedback from our members requesting that we keep the booking system!
Combating overcrowding & improving accountability
It turns out, that many of you loved the accountability and structure it provided for your day, even those who struggle with routine. The knowledge that there was going to be adequate space for you in the class or in the gym to train was also a positive. We know it can get overcrowded, especially at peak times and with our popular instructors! But, you also told us that a little more flexibility was needed. This was true for both group fitness classes and the fitness centre.
Booking system trial will continue – as a trial
We will continue with the booking system for classes and peak times in the fitness centre, on a trial basis, until no later than 13th July.
We’ll keep tweaking it, based on our observations and your feedback until we arrive at something that meets all of our needs. If it’s successful, we will implement as a permanent feature, as we’re confident it will improve your experience with us.
What are the main changes?
- Bookings are essential for the Fitness Centre (main weights room), during peak times only (Monday- Friday 6am – 10am & 4pm – 8pm )
- You don’t need to book if you want to come outside those times, or if you don’t want to use the Fitness Centre (eg hoops, boxing)
- Bookings are essential for all Group Fitness classes
- You can cancel right up to 15mins before your time/class starts, so if something comes up, just delete your booking in the app
- If you decide to spontaneously go exercise, just check your app and see if there is space in the class or session. If htere is, book in and head over. If there isn’t, you’ve just saved yourself a trip (and time) so you can replan.
Please head over to our our COVID-19 Updates page for all the details on how things have changed. You still use your Rec&Sport app to make your bookings. Get in touch if you’ve got some thoughts or leave a comment below.
Noho ora mai – Take care and stay well.
UC Rec & Sport Team