Kia ora koutou students and staff,
The Prime Minister has announced that Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 and the rest of Aotearoa New Zealand will move to Alert Level 2 at 12pm on Wednesday 12 August until midnight Friday 14 August.
UC campus will remain open.
Teaching and learning
• Lectures will move online from midday Wednesday 12 August.
• Check your LEARN site for changes.
• Labs and small specialist classes under 100 will continue with physical distancing, if possible.
• Tests will go ahead with physical distancing.
• Assessments due during this period will not change.
Libraries and common spaces will remain open with the following restrictions
• The 1 metre physical distancing rule will be strictly enforced in the library.
• The Central library will be limited to 700. Everyone entering the library must scan the QR code provided and use their Canterbury Card.
• The Rec Centre will remain open with reduced class sizes. Book your place via the app.
• Cafes and food outlets remain open with physical distancing.
• UC is required by the Government to implement processes for location tracking so data can be logged and used for contact tracing if there is a confirmed COVID-19 case on campus.
• All students and staff will be required to scan either your Canterbury Card or the government app QR code with your mobile phone when entering buildings and spaces around campus.
Health and wellbeing
• The Health Centre will continue to provide services. Phone prior to appointment, no walk-ins.
• All student care teams are available visit https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/support/health/
• Staff members, speak to your manager about working from home, if required.
The key principles for Alert Level 2 are to:
• Practice good hand hygiene.
• Sneeze and cough into your elbow.
• Stay home if you are sick.
• Physical distance where possible.
• Consider wearing a mask in places where you can’t physically distance.
• Track your location via the government app, NZ COVID tracer.
• If you have symptoms of cold or flu call your doctor or Healthline and get advice about being tested.
For more information visit https://covid19.govt.nz/updates-and-resources/latest-updates/new-zealands-alert-levels-are-changing-at-12-noon-on-wednesday-12-august/ or if you have any questions email email@example.com.
Remember, if you are sick do not come to the campus – play it safe and please stay home.
Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui | Be strong, be brave, be steadfast.