‘Cannot wait for Friday’
‘I wish it were Friday’
These can be a catchphrase that most of us have become accustomed to! Instead try adopting some responses like:
- Majestic Monday
- Thankful Tuesday
- Wonderful Wednesday
- Terrific Thursday
- Fun Friday
Below are some tips to create that Friday feeling every day of the week:
Reduce next morning stress
One of the sure ways to help make your day goes well is to ensure it actually starts off well as it is far harder to have a great day if it starts off the wrong way.
Sometimes you find yourself running late, with an empty stomach or weren’t able to find the right clothes, there are countless ways you can make your morning far more stressful than it has to be.
Therefore, it makes perfect sense to try minimise the stress by being prepared the night before.
This can include:
- Laying out your clothing for the following day
- Preparing your bag with your computer or whatever else you need to bring
- Preparing or at least setting out your breakfast for the following morning.
Doing this helps ensure that your workday morning will not only be easier and less stressful but it also requires less time meaning more time to sleep or exercise before you head to work. In other words, more Friday feeling!
Make commuting more enjoyable
One of the more dreaded parts of every work day is commuting to and from the workplace. Whether you drive or take public transportation, it can often feel like a really arduous task.
There are a number of ways of doing this but the following two will have the biggest impact straight away:
- Consider listening to catchy and interesting audiobooks or podcasts. You may very well start looking forward to your next commute for that very reason.
- If traffic is a big problem on your commute, speak to your manager and see if it is possible if you start earlier/finish earlier in order to try miss the build-up. Having a shorter commute is bound to enhance your workday enjoyment.
Enhance your work day
With the morning and commute of the working day enhanced, the other big area that needs to be considered is your time actually in the workplace. The following are just some of the few of many different ways to help make your working day more enjoyable:
- Make sure you are taking regular mind breaks throughout the day
- Stretch if you are feeling tight or uncomfortable
- If your situation allows for it, decorate your desk with something that will make you smile.
By bringing the Friday feeling to the rest of the working week, you are not only making your time at work more enjoyable but you are benefiting yourself in the process. There are countless different ways of doing this, see what works for you and give it a go, it can only make you happy.
Doing some training is another great way to add variety to your week. Why not sign up for the upcoming workshop on Growing Personal Resilience. The Growing Personal Resilience programme will take place on the Thursday 5th and Wednesday 17th November from 12.30pm and 4.30pm. There are still a few spots left so get in quick!