What is Yammer?
Yammer is our enterprise social network, a private and secure online environment. Use Yammer to discuss ideas, and share updates. Yammer allows both staff and students to connect and collaborate across UC. Yammer is extremely intuitive and easy to use. It’s here to help you form connections across UC.
Yammer lets you:
- Find answers faster: You can tap into the UC network to see who can answer your question or can show you where to look
- Brainstorm with anyone in UC. You might find inspiration from within your department or through engagement with other colleges and teams.
- Stay connected on the go and wherever you are: Follow what’s happening with your co-workers, teams and the larger UC community on campus and off.
Why should I use Yammer?
Working in Yammer is open, easy, and fun.
Here are a few of the ways you can use Yammer:
- Ask questions and get quick answers even if you don’t know who has the answer.
- Meet and connect with the staff and students who share your interests.
- Share news and announcements with the people who need to know.
- Ask for opinions and ideas from across UC.
- Coordinate work between different projects and teams.
- Gain visibility from leaders and insight on what’s happening at UC.
- Stay connected on-the-go with Yammer mobile apps.
- Share your photographs so we can easily share across our social media channels.
- Notify other departments of updates from your department that is relevant to them.
- Enhance learning and connections with students in and out of the classroom.
- Create student communities to allow them to engage with staff and students when they cannot be physically on campus.
- Allow for new networking opportunities across programs and network with the wider UC community.
With Yammer, you can join groups based on your interests and responsibilities. You can also create public or private groups for departments, project teams, or special interests.
When is Yammer being launched?
Early in the New Year we will send you more information about Yammer. Employees who are not yet signed up for Yammer will receive an email with instructions on how to sign up and join our network.
How do I sign up?
- First log into Microsoft 365 at https://www.office.com/ using your UC credentials.
- Next, go to https://www.yammer.com/uclive.ac.nz/
- If prompted, type in your UC e-mail address and click Join.
- Set up your profile on the UC Network. Add a picture, details about your expertise, join groups, follow colleagues, and invite others to join!
NOTE: If you had joined Yammer in the past your previous password will no longer work. You now need to use your UC password.
Next steps for Yammer?
We wanted to get Yammer up and running over the Holiday Break so staff and our international students could test and engage with the tool. In the New Year we will send more communications with tips around how to improve teamwork, communications and collaboration across departments.