Kia ora koutou
Late last year Ricoh conducted a physical audit of all Ricoh printers and multifunctional devices across campus.
The objective of the audit was to:
- Ensure current print services are “fit for purpose” including consideration to current print volumes and the physical environment.
- Identify older print devices due for retirement or modernising.
- Identify devices that do not yet have Follow Me Print.
- Identify locations where Follow Me Print would enhance print service delivery and document security.
- Aim to right size the number of devices on campus given print volumes have declined in recent years.
- Reduce high servicing costs associated with a large number of underutilised print devices and reduce workload on our ICTS department and the staff that fill the paper trays.
- Align print services to the principles of the UC Staff Printing Services Policy.
- Explore opportunities to reduce power consumption, reduce our carbon footprint (UC Strategic Vision 2020 – 2030) and further reduce print wastage.
During the audit process, it was apparent that there has been a significant decrease in print volumes across campus in recent years, whilst the number of printers and multifunctional devices has remained mostly unchanged.
The audit identified an opportunity to right size the number of printers and multifunctional devices on campus. In addition, redirect some of the current print volume to larger underutilised multifunctional devices, introduce more Follow Me Printing technologies and remove some smaller costly low volume desktop devices.
Throughout June and July, Ricoh and a UC Staff member will be visiting departments to outline planned changes to printers, multifunctional devices and Follow Me Print Technologies within your area.
Where possible we will aim to contact the departmental administrator in the first instance to discuss the audit recommendations, timeframes and IT support if required.
More information about Follow Me Print can be found here.
IT Service Desk is available to assist you with any set up questions and requests.
If you have any other feedback, please direct this to Clive Keylard, UC Contract Owner.
We sincerely thank you for your ongoing assistance and cooperation.