Earlier this afternoon, the Prime Minister confirmed that Aotearoa New Zealand, except Auckland, will continue at Alert Level 2. Auckland will move to Alert Level 3 at 11.59pm, Tuesday 21 September. Alert levels will be reviewed again on Monday 4 October.
Also confirmed this afternoon is a change in the number of people allowed to gather for events. At Alert Level 2, gatherings of up to 100 will be able to take place.
Teaching and learning: Will continue to operate as it has been. See the Covid information page for details on teaching and learning at Alert Level 2.
End of year exams: We intend to provide further information on end of year exams by the end of the week.
Vaccination clinic: A vaccination clinic will be set up in Haere-ora in early October for staff and students to get vaccinated. More information will be provided when the clinic is confirmed.
Travel: We are aware that some students who have been in Auckland for Alert Level 4 are keen on returning to Ōtautahi Christchurch. Cabinet has yet to decide the rules for cross-boundary travel once Auckland moves to Alert Level 3. Students and staff should remain in Auckland until the Health Order is finalised. Further information is available on the government Covid-19 website. We will provide more information once the Health Order is finalised.
UCSA Facebook group: UCSA have set up a private Facebook group – 09 Lockdown Lowdown – for UC students still in Auckland so they can chat and stay connected. The Student Exec are online too. The vibe is relaxed, and the group is a space where students can share anything from a study tip or challenge to a recipe. Join 09 Lockdown Lowdown: https://www.facebook.com/groups/154613880194186
Support for students: If you are aware of students who require support, you can direct them here:
- Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care – 03 369 3388, email@example.com
- Māori student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Pacific student support – 03 369 1445, email@example.com
- Rainbow student support – 03 369 1445, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 369 4444, email@example.com
- Chaplaincy services – Rev Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, firstname.lastname@example.org
- UCSA Welfare and Advocacy Service – 03 369 0555, email@example.com
- Ministry of Health Need to talk? Free phone or text 1737
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357 for free, 24/7, confidential support
You can find the All Student email here.
Kia kaha, kia maia, kia manawanui | Be strong, be brave, be steadfast.