UC is a member of the Association of Commonwealth Universities. Make the most of our membership. View their newsletter for opportunities and news on the ACU website. It includes…
- New Early Career Researchers Training Grants – deadline Monday 23 November at 23:59 GMT
- Commonwealth Climate Resilience Challenge Grants – deadline 13 November, 23:59 GMT
- Coventry University Fellowships 2020 – deadline 2 November, 11:59 GMT
- Attend ‘Future of Higher Education: Opportunities and Challenges’ – 4 December 2020
- Call for consultant to revise the Commonwealth Education Policy Framework.
- Does decolonising higher education matter?
- Transforming universities for a changing climate
- ACU Summer School 2020: Student Q&A
- Kenyatta University: Using tech to keep staff and students safe (from sexual harassment).
- Public Funding Observatory 2020/2021: Financial and economic impact of the Covid-19 crisis on universities in Europe [European University Association]
- What have we learnt? Overview of findings from a survey of ministries of education on national responses to COVID-19 [UNESCO]
- Cost-Effective Approaches to Improve Global Learning [The World Bank]
Kia pai tō koutou rā .
People and Culture
LinkedIn Learning features a digital library of over 6,000 courses covering a wide range of technical, business, software and creative topics as well as wellbeing education and personal interest. We are excited to announce that we Go Live with LinkedIn Learning through the week of 9th November 2020*.
During ‘Go Live’ week, you will receive an activation email via LinkedIn Learning. Don’t delete it! You must activate your LinkedIn Learning account using this activation email. You’ll have the option to connect through your personal LinkedIn profile (recommended!) or activate your account using your Canterbury staff email address.
Instructions for both approaches will be available via the Learning and Development Intranet.
Once you’re in, browse around! Take a course, learn something new and APPLY it in your day-to-day! Then share your learnings and recommended courses with your colleagues.
*Access is granted to those in continuing and long term fixed term.
I think you’ll agree that this year has tested all of our resilience. In times such as this, it’s so important to take care of ourselves.
The Growing Personal Resilience programme was developed to provide people with the practical tools to manage life more effectively, and to not turn pressure into stress. The programme is aimed at developing people’s personal strengths, helping them to become more resilient and to gain more control over their personal and professional lives.
Growing Personal Resilience programme will run on Thursday 5th and Wednesday 18 November from 12.30pm to 4.30pm.
Go to the Development tab in UCPeople to register, or access via our Learning and Development site.
There are several interesting webinars being held as part of the Australasian Open Access Strategy Group’s Open Access Week 2020 programme. Open Access Week is 19-23 October. You can view available sessions and register on the programme page.
A couple of highlights are:
- Communicating a pandemic, with Siouxsie Wiles
- Indigenous voices, indigenous research and open access, with Sereana Naepi (Fiji), Hēmi Whaanga (New Zealand), Hinematau McNeill (New Zealand), and Kirsten Thorpe (Australia)
For the latest news and trends in open access please visit the Library’s Open Access research guide.