Applications for UC Innovation Jumpstart 2021 are now open, and close on 13 October 2021 (extended deadline).
This is an opportunity to transform your innovative idea into commercial reality. Research & Innovation is offering Innovation Jumpstart funding of $100,000 (5 x $20,000 prizes) to UC academic staff who have research ideas with significant economic or social/environmental impact.
Any UC academic staff member can apply for Innovation Jumpstart funding, and proposals can be from any research area.
- Winners will each receive $20,000 for commercial development (5 x prizes) from $100,000; one of the five prizes is for a project that targets social and/or environmental impact
- Open to UC academic staff only
- Entries close 13 October 2021 (**new date – extension due to Covid disruption**)
- Winners announced in November 2021
This year’s competition is sponsored and supported by Kiwinet, Bridgewest, WNT Ventures and AJPark.
Got an idea?
Get in touch with one of R&I’s Business Development Managers to discuss your idea! Email email@example.com
R&I are facilitating the following workshops to support the development of your application:
- An Introduction to IP – Presented by Briar Dominick, Associate at AJ Park, Friday 17 Sept. If you missed it, the presentation is now available to watch on UC’s R&I LEARN .
- WNT and Bridgewest will be offering one-on-one sessions with interested academics to discuss your idea, assist with proposal direction and to provide an outline of the NZ technology incubator scheme. To book in a time, contact R&I’s Business Development Managers at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information and a link to the application portal, visit https://www.canterbury.ac.nz/research/innovation-jumpstart