The UCSA looks forward to welcoming you back for a great meal or coffee on campus!
The Foundry will be reopening on Friday 10 September 2021 from 2pm till 7pm. Please note that they have gone cashless: To help prevent the spread of COVID-19, they will not be accepting cash payments, but Paywave and all major cards are accepted. Thank you for your understanding.
Other UCSA outlets will be reopening from Monday 13 September.
- Café 1894: 8am–4pm
- Chilton’s: 8am–4pm
- Food court: 11am–3pm
- Otto: 10am–3pm
- Oishii: 10am–3pm
- Nuts ‘n Bolts: 8.30am–3pm
- Collective: 10am–2.30pm
Nominations for the 2021 University of Canterbury Blues Awards close on the 10th of September.
Receiving an award at the Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present students who have excelled in the Sport, Community Engagement and the Arts categories.
Check out the criteria on the UCSA website to see if you are eligible for an Individual Blues award. Winners will then be eligible for the following major awards:
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to University Sport
- Outstanding achievement in the Arts
- Outstanding contribution to University Arts
- Outstanding achievement in Community Engagement
- Waewae Kai Pakiaka: Outstanding contribution to the Māori community
- Outstanding contribution to Equity and Diversity
- Outstanding contribution to Sustainability
We have also introduced a limited number of University of Canterbury recognition awards. These awards recognise students who have performed exceptionally but are not eligible for a University Blue as an individual (e.g., coaches, managers, directors, producers, administrators, executives, etc.)
- Nominations must be made via the prescribed form via the UCSA website, with all sections completed
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of the nominations date.
- Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues committee.
- Nominees must have reached the required level of achievement during the nomination period
Nominations for the Blues Awards close 10am, Friday 10th September.
The Blues Awards will be held at Haere-roa on Saturday the 16th of October.
The results are in: Here’s who students chose for the 2022 UCSA Student Executive!
You can read the full Election results and candidate bios on our website now.
The UCSA is looking for its next leaders! Each year, students elect who they want as their student representatives on the UCSA Executive. Nominations for 2021’s Election open 28 July at our Half-AGM.
This year, as always, we would love to see students get involved. Being on the Executive is a wonderful opportunity to represent the student voice on campus, build their CV, and get the most out of campus life.
For more information, visit the UCSA’s website.
The UCSA Team look forward to seeing you over the semester break!
Monday to Friday from 28 June:
Café 1894: 8am–4pm
- Monday to Wednesday 10am–4pm
- Thursday to Friday 10am–5pm