Nominations for the 2021 University of Canterbury Blues Awards close on the 10th of September.
Receiving an award at the Blues ceremony is the highest honour we can present students who have excelled in the Sport, Community Engagement and the Arts categories.
Check out the criteria on the UCSA website to see if you are eligible for an Individual Blues award. Winners will then be eligible for the following major awards:
- Sportsperson of the Year
- Outstanding contribution to University Sport
- Outstanding achievement in the Arts
- Outstanding contribution to University Arts
- Outstanding achievement in Community Engagement
- Waewae Kai Pakiaka: Outstanding contribution to the Māori community
- Outstanding contribution to Equity and Diversity
- Outstanding contribution to Sustainability
We have also introduced a limited number of University of Canterbury recognition awards. These awards recognise students who have performed exceptionally but are not eligible for a University Blue as an individual (e.g., coaches, managers, directors, producers, administrators, executives, etc.)
- Nominations must be made via the prescribed form via the UCSA website, with all sections completed
- Anyone may nominate a person for a Blue. Individuals are able to nominate themselves.
- Nominations must be made before or on the close of the nominations date.
- Nominations made after such date will not be considered by the Blues committee.
- Nominees must have reached the required level of achievement during the nomination period
Nominations for the Blues Awards close 10am, Friday 10th September.
The Blues Awards will be held at Haere-roa on Saturday the 16th of October.