Welcome to Tū ki te tahi – here’s how you can post your notice.
- Log into Tū ki te tahi using your UC username and password:
- Edit your profile:
- On the top right of the screen you should see a link saying “Kia ora” or “Howdy,” click this, select “Edit My Profile” and make any preferred changes. Only enter the details you’re comfortable with.
- Change “Display name publicly as” to your first name.
- To save your changes, scroll down and select the “Update Profile”
General guidelines for submitting a notice
- As a Contributor to Tū ki te tahi, anything you submit won’t go live until someone in the Communications team has reviewed and published it – so you can’t go wrong!
- All notices need to follow the Contributor Guidelines here>
- We encourage use of images in your notice to keep things interesting, but they cannot be larger than 1MB.
- Notices should be no more than 350-500 words in length
- Make use of hyperlinks in your notice. The most effective hyperlinks are when you link a full sentence rather than just one word.
- Ensure your notice has a clear call to action for your readers.
How to create a notice
- Ensure you’re logged into Tū ki te tahi – see above
If you experience any issues logging in, or do not see the Intercom dashboard once you have logged in, please contact the IT Service Desk on 95000
- Once you’ve logged in successfully, select + New and then Post at the top of the page. This will take you to the Add new post screen.
- Add a title and the content of your notice in the relevant spaces.
- Add or remove hyperlinks within your notice using the icon indicated below:
- On the right side of the screen you can choose the Categories under which your notice will appear and add Tags. For example, if you’re blogging about the publication of research, use the “Staff Success” category and make your tags “research” and the subject of your research. This helps other people find your notice/s.
- If you want to preview your notice at any time during its construction, simply select Preview from the right side of the screen under the Publish section.
- Once you’ve finished, select Submit for Review under the Publish section.
Submission does not guarantee publication – the UC Comms team will advise directly if there any any obstacles to publishing your blog
Please submit your blog by 3pm Wednesday if you want it considered for inclusion in that week’s newsletter.
If you have any additional questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
If you’re experiencing any technical issues with the blog space, please contact the IT Service Desk.