Muddled about milk bottles? Confused about coffee cups? Unclear about organics? Perplexed about PET? With Plastic Free July just around the corner, we want to hear your campus waste questions!
The UC Sustainability Office is working with EnviroWaste to create a video and online resource to help answer your questions about our waste management system on campus.
If you have a waste related question that you’d like to see answered, or a comment you’d like to make, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org before Wednesday 16 June. Your responses will help us understand where the communication focus of this resource needs to be.
If you haven’t already, check out UC’s current waste information here.
Are you taking part in Plastic Free July? Now is a good time to start thinking about how you can be a part of the month-long challenge! The UC Sustainability Office will be sharing student-led tips and tricks on ditching single-use plastics, as well as running giveaways and competitions on their social media channels. Follow along for some inspiration!Sust
This message was bought to you by the UC Sustainability Office. Stay connected, and be in touch with us! Follow us on Facebook or Instagram, sign up to our Sustainability Newsletter or check out our website for more information about what we do, and upcoming events.
Join us in recycling, reusing and repurposing all that stationery that has been left in your bottom drawer, stationery cupboard or resource room with the Great Stationery Swap, coming next week!
How to take part:
- Drop off your stationery and other office supplies to the old UCSA Offices (Level 1, Puaka James-Hight) on Monday 19 and Tuesday 20 April between 9am – 4pm. Please place your items neatly on the tables provided.
- Come back on Wednesday 21 – Friday 23 April between 9am – 4pm and browse through to take what you or your department needs!
- You don’t have to donate anything in order to take something back to your space. Our goal is to re-home as many items of unloved stationery as we can!
What to bring:
Any stationery or office supplies that are in good, clean, working condition will be welcomed at the Swap.
Why swap stationery?
By reusing, repurposing and rehoming already existing stationery and office supplies on campus, we are:
- reducing the amount that goes to landfill
- saving money by reducing purchasing and waste disposal costs
- lowering the input of materials that goes into production and,
- Taking action on Sustainable Development Goal 12 and the creation of a circular economy!
A big thanks to Barb Fletcher from FM and the UC Admin Plus network for their support for this event. This message was brought to by the UC Sustainability Office. Stay connected and follow us on Facebook, Instagram or sign up to our newsletter to stay in the loop about campus sustainability. For more information on sustainability at UC, see our website.