As we get ready for the start of Semester 1, here are a few handy tools and resources to share with students as they start their journey at UC, or return to campus after the summer break.
For new students
- Have a look at the student handbooks and information for new students webpage for everything students need to succeed at UC
- Check their UC email for the weekly Term 1 Toolkit emails, with all the tips and advice students need as they navigate their way through the first semester
- Complete the Orientation+ online induction modules to make sure they have everything they need for the first year.
For all students
- Download the UCGO app or bookmark it on their desktop browser to have access to everything they need, including email, timetable, library and security
- Build on their skills with Semester 1 courses at Te Pokapū Pūkenga Ako | Academic Skills Centre
- If students are feeling overwhelmed, lonely or need someone to talk to, Atawhai Ākonga | Student Care can provide practice guidance and advice on anything from budgeting, confidence building and decision making
- Students can raise concerns about harmful or inappropriate behaviour, on or off campus, by making a formal complaint or reporting it anonymously online.
Find out more with the Support Services on Campus Referral Guide here>