Kia ora koutou,
We are saddened to hear about the situation currently unfolding in Afghanistan and wanted to check in with staff who may be affected.
We understand this may be a challenging time for you and your whānau and would like to remind you that there is support available at UC if you need assistance or to talk to someone over the coming days and weeks. You can reach out to your line manager or any one of the support services below.
- Te Whare Hauora | UC Health Centre – 03 364 2402, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP) – 0800 327 669, www.eapservices.co.nz
- Chaplaincy services – Reverend Dr John Fox, 027 357 1628, email@example.com
- Ministry of Health Need to talk? – Free phone or text 1737
- Lifeline – 0800 543 354 or text HELP to 4357 for free, 24/7, confidential support
(Please call to make a booking at the Health Centre as they are unable to accept walk-ins while we are under Covid Alert Level 4.)
We encourage you to reach out if you need to, the UC community is here to support you during this time.
If you are concerned about a student who may have been affected, please refer them to the information available here.
Kaihautū, Pūmanawa Tangata ǀ Director, People and Culture