In 2020 Student First transitioned from a Programme of multiple projects to a singular Project – the Student First Project.
The Project’s primary objective is the decommissioning and replacement of Jade (JSMS) with a new Student Management System, ourUC, a web based tool with a modern and simple user interface.
The key focus for 2020 has been the migration of the Admission and Enrolment process from Jade to ourUC, and we have made great progress! Working closely with our Super SMEs and Student First Working Group, three of the four key stages of the Admission and Enrolment process are now in ourUC:
Functionality has been progressively released, and initially trialled by key staff (through pilot groups), followed by a larger scale rollout through targeted training. We are currently in the process of rolling out Qualification Assessment across all colleges.
For more detail on all the other stuff completed over our 10 releases in 2020, please visit the Student First Intranet site.
What lies ahead for 2021?
The Student First Project momentum continues into 2021 – with key areas of focus including, but not limited to:
- Completion of Course Approvals and Waivers – this moves the assessment of Applications to Enrol into ourUC.
- Staff processing Change of Enrolment requests in ourUC.
- Deployment of Managed Programme Entry for Teaching.
- Fees and EFTs calculations and Enrolment Agreement creation in ourUC.
- Academic Model work relating to the standardisation of course pre-requisites – this will improve future study planning, progress tracking and graduation calculation.
- Identity verification, management of student records and international study requirements.
To find out more about the Student First Project, milestones achieved in 2020 (inclusive of a Demo – Assessing an Application to Enrol in ourUC) and our focus for 2021, the Student First Team would like to invite you to our Student First End of Year Update – details as follows:
Date: Tuesday 8 December
Time: 11.00 – 12.00 pm
Venue: Undercroft 101
Watch out for more news about our upcoming releases and new features. If you have questions about the Student First Project you can contact us via email@example.com