Special Consideration for students with flu

Have you been poorly with flu (influenza) recently? Has it been impacting your studies? If you’re struggling to complete your assessments if, there is support here for you at UC. 

If you’ve had flu or been unwell with flu-like symptoms, you can apply for either: 

  1. Extension of Time to complete your assignments, tests and exams. An Application for an Extension of Time should be made directly to your lecturer, course supervisor or via your Department/School process. You’ll need to supply supporting documentation with your application. OR 
  2. A Special Consideration for either impairment or absence in relation to an assessment item. You’ll need to upload your supporting documentation when you make the application.

When applying, you’ll need to: 

  • provide supporting medical evidence, such as the UC Medical Certificate completed by the UC Health Centre or your Health provider; or
  • complete an Influenza Declaration Form (valid for a limited time only). 

You can find out more here> 

Have a voice! Tell us what you're thinking...